Director of Case Management - Baylor Rehab - Lakeway
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Director of Case Management
We currently have an opening for a full time Director of Case Management at our LakewayRehabilitation hospital.
The Director of Case Management assumes responsibility for the overall functions and professional growth of the department by contributing to facility policies and programs, fiscal management and payor/referral satisfaction.
The Director of Case Management is responsible for the coordination of health care decisions using a systematic approach to assure treatment plans that improve quality and patient outcomes, coordination of care across the continuum; promotion of cost-effective care within the allotted time frame; assuring payments of hospital-based services meeting patient-related utilization management criteria, and implementation of safe and appropriate discharge plans. The primary job functions in Case Management include: Clinical Interventions/Discharge and Care Planning Management, Fiscal Management and Payer/Referral Management, Utilization Review. The Director of Case Management is also responsible for maintaining a patient caseload.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work required or BSN in Nursing (or Bachelor's Degree in related field) required
• Current and valid state licensure in Social Work required or Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
• A minimum of three years experience in case management required
• Two years of experience in either (a) managing a case management department or (b) case management at Select Medical with demonstrated effective leadership skills. (Internal candidate must have consistently achieved set objectives and must be recommended by a member of the hospital's leadership team)
• CCM Certification preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.