Payor Relations Specialist - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange
West Orange, NJ
Payor Relations Specialist
New Full-Time position
At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Payor Relations Specialist to join our team.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Using discretion and independent judgment, the Payor Relations Specialist manages the pre-certification and prior authorization of referrals scheduled for admission to the Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Follows the Select Workflow Process for initiating and completing patient authorizations. Takes full responsibility for following the “Workflow Process” and ensures each referral follows the process, from taking the initial referral until final disposition, acceptance or denial. As appropriate, submits the preadmission assessments completed by clinical liaisons to the insurance company.
- Ensures documentation meets standards and expectations by working and mentoring team as needed.
Obtains timely authorization of all patients requiring pre-certification and is accountable for conversion percentage and results.
- Ensures all policies governing commercial pre-certification and authorization are followed to minimize financial risk.
Develops relationships that increase and stabilize conversion as well as generates referrals both locally and regionally. This may include identifying relationship opportunities for self and others within Select Medical to include but not limited to CEO, DBD, CLs, Admissions Coordinator and Case Management team that may help grow relationships and impact results.
- Maintain relationship profile by payor for payor case managers and medical directors.
- Identifies by payor communication preference and utilizes to maximize results.
- Encourages and models teamwork, communication and collaboration with other departments to include but not limited to the transion of of patients into the rehabilitation hospital.
- Serves as a resource to the Business Development Team educating them on payor preference to promote exceptional customer service and efficient processes
- Maintains and further develops relationships with customers which may include but are not limited to surveying for satisfaction with the work of Select Medical and off-site meetings with the customer.
- Evaluates Commercial benefits as verified by the Central Business Office. Reviews benefits with Admissions Coordinator for possible risk and applies/completes written guidelines as necessary to reduce or manage risk.
- Reviews Medicare benefits through Vision Share and Common Working and accurately accounts for whether the patient has traditional Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Answers phone with appropriate behavior and ensures back-up when not available or out of the office.
- Works closely with Admissions Coordinator to apply correct accommodation code per contract as well as billing/reimbursement requirements
- Tracks approval and denials through erehab
- Ensure outstanding customer service for all customers.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse or LVN/LPN is required
- 2 years of of direct experience in third party reimbursement required
- Previous Experience within a physical rehabilitation setting preferred
- Experience working with Excel and databases
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.