Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) - WorkStrategies Specialist- Onsite - DTW Airport (PRN)
Select Medical in Detroit, Michigan is currently seeking a PRN WorkStrategies Specialist/Athletic Trainer for an industrial setting out of DTW Aiport
We are expanding our staffing that partners with an international employer at the DTW airport for Injury Prevention services. This is a PRN position for a licensed athletic trainer, including some evening and weekend hours.
Job responsibilities for this position include OnSite coverage of an industrial client: Early Symptom Intervention, Ergonomics and Injury Prevention. Industrial experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1500 locations in 40 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being.
- Full time OnSite coverage for Industrial customer
- Design and implement injury prevention strategies for the industrial setting such as individual and group conditioning, functional assessments and behavioral modification
- Early Symptom Intervention with providing first aid services
- Office ergonomics
PRN benefits include:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, national certifications, journal clubs and more.
- Competitive hourly rate
NovaCare Rehabilitation and Select Physical Therapy are a part of Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1600 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy, human physiology, exercise physiology, and kinesiology or biomechanics.
- Working knowledge of ergonomic regulations Demonstrated ability to provide clinical teaching and in-services.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at multiple levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to evaluate and monitor clinical capabilities and skill levels.
- Strong customer service orientation Understanding of and ability to manage quantitative business and clinical information
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- Ability to independently lift fifty (50) pounds of weight
Preferred and Required Credentials:
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- MI state license
- Minimum one year clinical experience, Industrial setting experience a plus
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA-BOC) Board of Certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of musculoskeletal injury assessment and prevention interventions
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.