***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
The Business Intelligence Administrator is responsible for the delivery of end to end business intelligence solutions that support and enhance the financial, clinical, and quality outcomes of the organization. The role requires a passion for data and technology, thorough understanding of monitoring/maintaining applications in a complex BI environment, excellent communication skills, understanding of business processes, knowledge of best practices, and the ability to provide quality actionable business intelligence using industry standard tools in a rapidly growing organization.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Acquire a deep understanding of source systems, knowledge of business processes, and thorough business unit knowledge through the interaction with subject matter experts, developers, architects, business leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Become a subject matter expert on the organizations BI systems, processes, and reporting solutions in order to facilitate streamlined development and growth within the BI environment
- Organize and plan all facets of application upgrades within the BI ecosystem
- Continuously monitor, tune and develop best practices around maximizing existing applications under the BI umbrella
- Develop ETL code, including but not limited to Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) packages, SSIS Packages, PLSQL packages, and scripts that take advantage of incremental loading methodologies like change data capture (CDC)
- Perform unit, integration, performance, and regression testing
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with peers, SMEs and other stakeholders to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to enhance the operational delivery of BI solutions, and technical direction
Candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence, data management technologies, and industry best practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following work experiences:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
- 5+ years experience designing business intelligence reporting solutions (such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Business Objects, PowerBI).
- 5+ years of experience working in a data warehouse environment.
- 2+ years of ETL experience.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing data integration tools like ODI, SSIS, or Informatica.
- 2+ years of experience working on an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server.
- Oracle Data Modeler or PowerDesigner is a plus.
- Big Data experience is a plus (structured or unstructured)
- Previous software development experience is a plus
- Master Data Management experience is a plus
- Proficient in SQL and PLSQL
- Proficient in data warehousing concepts
- Proficient in ETL design concepts including Change Data Capture (CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimensions( SCD)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence platform like MicroStrategy, Tableau or Business Objects
- Strong knowledge around the installation, configuration & integration of stand-alone applications in a large enterprise environment
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.