Neuro Rehabilitation Assistant - Full Time
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehab - Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation
Neuro Rehabilitation Coach (CNA, PCT)
Full Time Day Shift (7am -7pm) - 7 shifts per pay period (2 weeks)
This position is located at our beautiful brand new facility, located next to our Downtown Dallas Rehabilitation hospital on the BUMC campus. Our Neuro Transitional Rehab is for patients that need a longer transition before they go home. The facility is made up of 9 suites where patienta live full time as they learn to adapt to tasks, environments, and challenges that they will encounter daily.
As a Neuro Rehab coach you will help your patients with daily activities. Candidates in this role work in a very similar capacity as a Nursing Assistant but at a much higher skill level. This a Full Time position working 12 hour shifts from 7am-7pm. A valid Texas Driver License is required.
On a daily baisis:
- Help patients get up and get dressed, take vitals, bowel and bladder protocols will be followed
- Cleaning and cooking responsibilities (breakfast, lunch, dinner) to get the suite and patient ready for the day
- Drive the patient to doctors appointments
- Take vitals, follow bowel/bladder protocols, medication pass based on RN supervision and instruction
- Work with them in therapy during the day and help them with daily tasks
- Get the patient ready for dinner and bed
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Current State Driver’s License in good standing required
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires
- Previous Neuro Transitional Rebab experience preferred
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medication aide preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.