Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Patient Billing Representative, Level 1 is responsible for the daily billing process to ensure that payors are receiving accurate and timely claims. They are responsible for completing projects and problem solving known issues.
- Reviews admission documents and verifies that information in HMS is consistent with the information on the admission forms.
- Processes the daily billing, assuring that all claims are billed within 24 hours of placement into the clearinghouse database.
- For Commercial accounts, compares HMS to Insurance Contract Requirement for accuracy utilizing all contract tools at admission, discharge and set intervals for in-house accounts.
- For Medicare accounts, bills Medicare Secondary Payor (MSP) accounts identified on MSP spreadsheet and follows up on the accounts until they are finalized.
- Resolves late charges in accordance with the Late Charge Policy.
- Verifies, utilizing website and/or phone, that the insurance company is in receipt of the bill no later than 10 days after the billed date.
- Follows up weekly on billed accounts for 35 days post-bill date or until payment is issued, whichever is first.
- Reviews various billing reports and communicates to appropriate facility staff and management any identified issues on the reports.
- Accurately documents HMS on any and all activity completed in a patient account.
- Communicates with billing and collection staff issues that are identified with insurance carriers.
- Supports the mission/core values and direction of Select Medical both within the CBO and throughout the organization.
- Performs any additional duties and projects as assigned by the CBO management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of customer service experience – Retail/Hospitality/Banking/Healthcare
- Healthcare billing experience preferred.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work with multiple programs simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills including: face-to-face, verbal, electronic, and telephonic.
- Professional Skills:
- Accuracy and attention to Detail
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach a mutually established goals.
- Flexible and open to change
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management
- Previous experience in metrics based role, where production/quality standards are upheld.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.