The Inpatient Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of multiple general ledgers. The position assures the reliability of revenue, expense, and all balance sheet accounts. The position creates formal month-end statements and supports the Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Collaborates with Hospital Senior Management to analyze revenue and expense accounts compared to budget projections and prior month’s actuals.
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly income statements.
- Provides financial analysis assistance and support to Hospital staff.
- Ensures accurate coding of all revenue and expense items.
- Performs spreadsheet analysis as needed.
- Evaluates the accuracy of multiple accounts payable and payroll on a monthly basis.
- Reconciles multiple balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintains awareness of Medicare reimbursement issues as they relate to accounting functions.
- Recognizes commercial insurance protocols and related contractual issues relevant to accounting functions.
- Identifies areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Assists the Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Researches and analyzes the month-end statements to identify potential areas of concerns. Makes recommendations to and communicates with the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for hospitals that are more complex and have additional focus areas including Physician Billing and cafeteria sales.
- Closes additional hospitals, along with their normal hospital workload, when needed.
- Actively participate in quarter/year end audit procedures.
- Assist with completion of state survey information for respective hospitals as needed.
- Mentors and trains Inpatient Staff Accountants to ensure consistent accounting practices and continuity within the team.
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Business Finance, or related field required
- Three to five years of applicable accounting experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills.
- Position would have a Revenue or Expense emphasis.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.