Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) - Onsite Industrial Setting - Salt Lake City, UT
Select Medical in Salt Lake City, Utah is currently seeking a FULL time WorkStrategies Specialist/Athletic Trainer for an industrial setting.
We are expanding our staffing that partners with an international employer at the SLC airport for Injury Prevention services. This is a 40 hour per week position for a licensed athletic trainer, including some evening and weekend hours.
Job responsibilities for this position include OnSite coverage of an industrial client: Early Symptom Intervention, Ergonomics and Injury Prevention. Industrial experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Full time benefits include:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, national certifications, journal clubs and more.
- Generous paid time off
- Competitive salary with loan forgiveness available
- Affordable PPO Benefits with Tobacco Free Discounts
- Company matching 401(k) and more
Select Physical Threapy is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. We operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy Associates, KORT, and Saco Bay Physical Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of almost 1800 centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations.
Responsibilities, under the direction of a Program Director:
- Full time OnSite coverage for Industrial customer
- Design and implement injury prevention strategies for the industrial setting such as individual and group conditioning, functional assessments and behavioral modification
- Early Symptom Intervention with providing first aid services
- Office ergonomics
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- UT state license
- Minimum one year clinical experience, Industrial setting experience a plus
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA-BOC) Board of Certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Position requires a strong knowledge of musculoskeletal injury assessment and prevention interventions
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.