Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Director of Outpatient Applications leads a team of IS professionals to coordinate, implement, maintain and continually improve the delivered service proficiency of the Information Services Department for Select Medical. Reporting to the VP of Information Systems, the Director is responsible for a team of IS Managers, Supervisors, and/or individual staff as direct reports. This role is responsible for supporting an outstanding patient/employee experience by leading an experienced technology team (including external partners) in designing, building, and maintaining strategic, scalable business solutions supporting the Outpatient Division of Select Medical. The successful candidate will be technically strong, personally engaged, and proficient in various information management technologies and implementation methodologies. The Director should be able to partner with Business stakeholders and other IS departments to establish operational priorities, own vendor relationships, and run multiple critical initiatives and projects in a fast-paced and changing environment while keeping up-to-date with industry trends in the Information Management field. The Director will support and handle vendor invoice approvals, annual budgeting, consulting engagements as well as expense form approvals. Lastly, the Director will be counted on to mentor the team via the annual performance review cycle, scheduled team meetings, and frequent one-on-one interactions.
- Contribute as a member of the senior IS leadership team to drive enterprise service delivery improvement and innovation.
- Partner with Business leadership to identify, recommend, design, deliver and support Outpatient solutions that facilitate focused, effective, and forward-thinking operational delivery and decision making.
- Collaborate with Business partners to develop substantial business operational process awareness. This includes Select Medical operational awareness, industry best practices, and awareness of the legislative landscape surrounding our business.
- Manage the identification, design, implementation, and operational support of technologies required to support and expand the Outpatient Division enterprise system ecosystem.
- Establish and cultivate vendor relationships required to evolve the technology landscape to maintain, innovate and enhance service offerings.
- Mentor the Outpatient Applications Team to embrace and better understand business operational processes, develop relationships with business users and expand staff proficiency.
- Ensure alignment with and work to improve the IS development methodology including the adoption of all identified tools, processes, and procedures.
- Target potential areas where policies and procedures require updating, or where new ones need to be created, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Contribute to IS-wide project prioritization and resourcing efforts.
- Create and drive an ongoing environment and culture of exceptional customer experience.
- Define and communicate project landmarks and service level agreements to staff, IS partners, and business stakeholders.
- Develop, review and handle budgets and ensure they align with stated objectives.
- Maintain exceptional communications with the organization’s leadership, customers, and staff.
- As needed, collaborate with other IS departments to ensure the best possible communication channels related to customer service.
- Create, maintain and update disaster recovery and BCP procedures when changes in hardware, applications, or architecture occur.
- Ensure all changes follow change management, SOX, or other required policies and procedures.
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times.
- Less than 5% travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Clinical Healthcare Operations, or related field.
- 12+ years of proven experience in leading technology operations and teams, with at least 7 years involving delivering healthcare-related architectural design and operational excellence; advanced knowledge and experience developing IS staff & IS organizations.
- 10+ years demonstrated success in leading a highly motivated, engaged team of 20+ team members. Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures. Demonstrated experience in transforming teams through process improvement, performance management, realignment, and hiring to achieve higher performance levels.
- Must be familiar with SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and/or Agile.
- Prior Outpatient clinical and/or billing-related business experience is highly desired. Demonstrated technical skills and working knowledge of common electronic medical record platforms including Casamba CCD/CCB and/or Epic.
- Proven leadership experience in vision casting, leading, and motivating high-performance development teams. Leads with creativity, critical thinking, and innovation. Has a driven personality, “can-do demeanor,” and results-oriented management style. Experience leading managers, supporting multiple products, estimating project resource requirements, and managing product delivery schedules and associated risks are crucial.
- Strong communications skills across the IS organization, business units, and customers.
- Proven track record of formulating a strategic vision with the goal of identifying new and emerging technologies that can be used to drive the successful development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments. Has depth and skills in being creative and developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and sophisticated business problems.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, schedule, and successfully carry out multiple projects at the same time to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to research and troubleshoot IS issues and products and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers, and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum. Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.