Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) Industrial Setting - Ocala FL
Experience the power of Athletic Training!
Select Physical Therapy Athletic department is now hiring a Part Time On-Site Industrial Athletic Trainer (ATC) for the Ocala, FL area. Consistent hours provided up to 16 hrs per week with the possibility of growth! ATC will be responsible for on-site injury prevention, early symptiom intervention, ergonomics, job coaching, wellness instruction, warm up/stretching programs, and first aid. Additional responsibilities may include, Sports Medicine coverage, office ergonomics. Our ideal candidate needs to be energetic, dependable, and enjoy working with people one on one. This position is suited for a well-organized candidate with a diverse scope of interests and the ability to work independently. Industrial on-site experience preferred but not necessary. Licensed new ATC grads welcome to apply.
- As a team member, do you often find yourself in the position of guiding the decisions about what the team should do?
- Can you inspire and motivate others to achieve challenging goals and exceed expectations?
- Are you at your best when you are empowered to determine your goals and decide on the direction of your work day?
- Are you someone who puts the needs of your patients/customers above all else?
- Do you enjoy it when people depend on you for help?
- Can you communicate effectively with anyone at any time, no matter how busy you are?
If you answered yes to these questions, being an On-Site Athletic Trainer for Select Physical Therapy may be a great fit for you!
NATA BOC Certified
FL ATC License
First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
Compensation. Commensurate with experience.
Applying. To apply, create an on-line profile and upload your resume to complete our HR application.
Select Physical Therapy are part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1,800 locations in 38 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors, and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Athletic Trainers in this position are responsible for design and implementation of injury prevention programming including: early symptom intervention, functional assessments, individual and group conditioning, corrective exercise programs, first aide and office ergonomics.
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
Industrial Setting Preferred Qualification or Experience:
- Desired 1-2 years of experience in an industrial/occupational setting.
- Knowledge and an understanding of OSHA regulations and standards in first aid treatment in an industrial setting.
- Basic understanding of ergonomics and body mechanic assessment.
- Desired exposure and/or certifications in movement screens, postural assessments, and corrective exercises.
- Bilingual (desired but not required).
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.