Materials Technician - Inpatient Rehab
Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & UPMC*
At Helen M. Simpson Rehabilitation Hospital our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Materials Technician to join our team.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
As a Materials Technician, you will be responsible assisting the Materials Manager with stocking needed daily supplies, and processing daily deliveries. Other duties may include, but are not limited to, collecting daily charge data, entering and logging all charges for each department, ordering supplies; ordering and returning of rental equipment, submission of invoices, moving equipment.
- Assists the Materials Manager in the departmental operations.
- Receives all deliveries and inspects items for damage or defects. Verifies completeness and accuracy of all deliveries and alerts the departments (buyers) of any discrepancies.
- Maintains updated Material Safety Data Sheet manual of items handled through and stocked in Stores.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years previous storeroom/shipping and receiving experience preferred.
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.