Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Assures timely and accurate claims are submitted to Medicare to ensure the lowest possible days in accounts receivable. Follows monthly and mid-monthly billing schedules to ensure that all policies, procedures and expectations are achieved and maintained on a routine and consistent basis. Identify and assist in the resolution of issues, while openly communicating with management to ensure all recommendations of potential solutions are explored and captured. Maintain all department follow-up expectations of working secondary to Medicare claims, clinic requests, project deadlines, and Medicare secondary claims.
- Complete the monthly pre-billing report to update missing account information prior to 1st bill drop.
- Follow department guidelines in requesting cap forms from clinics.
- Create billing files at month end and mid-month (or as specified) and upload files to Change Healthcare. Review files for missing account type, form type, charges, etc.
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly workbook assignments.
- Ensure POCs are on file to cover applicable dates of service. Follow department guidelines in requesting POCs from clinics.
- Work daily Change Healthcare status codes, holds, rejections.
- Follow all CMS requirements when adjusting claims in DDE system.
- Communicate clinic requests for required billing information. Maintain follow-ups per department policy.
- Work denial report to provide required information to insurance companies for claims payment.
- Monitor aging for primary and secondary payment and closure on all claims assigned.
- Maintain and update notes in patients’ accounts, per department guidelines.
- Immediately notify management of payer issues, problems, outstanding AR, etc.
- Work with teammates to obtain information needed for accurate billing and brainstorm solutions to payment issues.
- Ensure that all HIPAA requirements and standards are followed and executed consistently.
- Support the vision and values of Select Medical, both within the Medicare team and throughout Select Medical.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One to two years of experience in an office environment is preferred.
- One year of experience with Microsoft Office products is preferred.
- Basic to advance computer skills are required.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines is preferred
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift weight up to 35 lbs.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Select Medical complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.