Health Information Credentialing Technician (HIM Tech)
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
Health Information/Credentialing Technician
Requirement: Proficiency with electronic medical records and other computer applications
Performs functions related to preparation and scanning of medical records, inclusive of tracking medical records, filing, and retrieval of protected health information. Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires.
- Maintains a discharge list and verifies receipt of corresponding medical record.
- Files miscellaneous reports, correspondence into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires for health information requests, inclusive of telephone coverage for the department.
- Maintains positive working relationship with interdisciplinary treating team as necessary to medical record completion process.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of health information
- Assembles, analyzes and processes records to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completion by medical staff within 3 days of discharge.
- Scans, indexes and/or files paper light and/or miscellaneous reports into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Performs release of information function and inquires for health information requests, inclusive of telephone coverage for the department consistent with regulatory requirements, state law and hospital policy. (Timely, appropriate authorization, accurate).
- Utilizes established performance improvement processes, as appropriate, to improve the quality of services and documentation (i.e.: monitors HP, IOPCs, team conferences and other work ques). Recognizes and reports problems or discrepancies related to the quality and timeliness of medical records.
- Maintains good working relationship with interdisciplinary team conducive to meeting organization and hospital goals of timely, accurate and complete medical records.
- Assists manager with credentialing responsibilities such as maintain up to date files for medical and allied.
- Meets standards of quality and productivity established by the organization.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent require
- Proficiency with electronic medical records and other computer applications
- Previous experience in Health information or credentialing department preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred
- Accomplishes individual and team goals and objectives. Seeks to clarify information when not clear. Applies strong attention to detail and maintains continuous quality and accuracy. Displays excellent organizational skills and is able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully, both verbally and in writing, with patients and patient families, internal and external customers, vendors, co-workers and managers. Contributes to building positive working relationships through effective teamwork efforts. Communicates with a focus on achieving goals, continuous learning and process improvement. Proactively shares information with others balancing confidentiality, sensitivity and transparency.
- Consistently demonstrates commitment to patient-centered care and customer service excellence in all interactions with patients and patient families, internal and external customers by responding in a timely, professional and effective manner.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.