Account Receivable Coordinator - Greenfield, WI
NovCare P&O is looking for a Full time Account Receivable Coordinator to follow up on open accounts receivable – both initial and balances at least 60 days old – with the intentions of collecting balances due. Seek to obtain any additional information to determine responsibility of payment and assure best possible opportunity for claims to be processed.
8:00am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
- Investigate and follow-up on all open account balances overdue for 45 days or more to determine reason for non-payment. Contact responsible party to establish reason for delinquency, document in system all verbal and written communication relative to overdue account, and institute timely follow-up with responsible party as a result of last contact to assure progress in resolving account with payment.
- Review accounts with initial evaluations as early as 21 days old in order to confirm that clean claims are reaching the correct payor.
- Make outgoing calls to patients, insurance companies and attorneys regarding claim status in order to reduce both outstanding receivables and DSO.
- Manage correspondence related to designated work load.
- Address incoming center/field inquiries as necessary and in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Identify and resolve issues impacting the timely collection of open receivables.
- Provide timely notification to the appropriate managerial staff of any identified payor issues.
- Counsel patients on financial options and establish payment plan or begin dunning letter process and follow-up as needed.
- As necessary, request account adjustments as identified via write off requests and refund requests.
- Recommend accounts to an outside agency based upon company guidelines.
- Notify database operations of changes or additions to specific payor, plan, contract, address, or other pertinent information as necessary.
- Meet the expectations and goals for productivity and cash targets as set forth by management
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction or supervision
- Knowledge of indemnity insurance practices, contracts and managed care ideal.
Required to be proficient in Windows based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift.
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics.
Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs.
- High School diploma or GED required.
One to two years of computer, accounting, collections, and high volume medical billing and/or insurance claims processing experience required.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Job ID: 154780
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.