Staffing Coordinator - Full Time
California Rehabilitation Institute
A Cedar Sinai and UCLA Health Partnership
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Staffing Coordinator to join our team.
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our employees are the foundation on which the success of our rehabilitation services continues to grow. Each member of our medical, clinical administrative and support teams bring a level of experience, expertise and commitment to patient care that is unmatched in our industry.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s highly regarded rehabilitation hospitals provide comprehensive physical medicine, as well as rehabilitation programs and services that optimize patient health, function and quality of life. Within supportive and dynamic care environments, our expert rehabilitation teams offer advanced treatment and state-of-the-art technologies, all of which are tailored to each patient’s unique needs and goals. Specialized and intensive programs of care are designed to restore strength, improve physical and cognitive function, and promote independence in activities of daily living.
Select Medical’s Impatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
The Staffing Coordinator is responsible to provide staffing and other support as necessary hospital-wide.
- Works with the Director of Nursing and staff to develop a schedule following established scheduling guidelines and local practices.
- Reviews daily time schedules for nursing units to determine accuracy, proper coverage and requirements for staff and notifies appropriate managers of any inconsistencies in staffing pattern. Schedules replacement personnel as indicated and available to meet requirements. Obtains private duty nurse, sitters, and agency personnel as needed and maintains necessary records.
- Maintains per diem fulfillment of requirements as stated in per diem policy. Notifies manager as appropriate.
- Maintains payroll records and nursing files for all employees of the nursing department, collaborating with nursing managers, payroll department, and human resources.
- Coordinates assignment of personnel to areas consistent with their qualifications.
- Processes various personnel action forms, including PTO requests, sick leave, and attendance records.
- Forecasts staffing needs so that emergencies in staffing are avoided and the hospital can provide safe care for all admissions.
- Maintains all agency files and contracts and ensures that all agency staff are oriented, evaluated, have active and valid license, and meet the same standards as employed staff.
- Reconciles Agency invoice with the schedule and ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices and accruals.
- Ensures that all Agency personnel are fully compliant with agency badge and punch policy.
- Reconciles clinical payroll for the Director of Nursing: Kronos time sheets, call-off log and schedule. Discrepancies are managed with the Director of Nursing.
- Maintain current addresses and telephone numbers for nursing department. Maintains attendance records for all nursing department personnel.
- Activates disaster tree under the direction of the of the Clinical Director on-call or Nurse Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- 3 years experience required. Previous hospital experience.
- Proficient computer skills required.
At our Rehabilitation Hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the full time position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 45,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.