***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for more than 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
The Software Development Specialist I will develop, and modify enterprise application systems and web sites. The responsibilities will include coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems. The Software Development Specialist I will be challenged with developing custom software solutions or web sites that meet the needs of Select Medical's dynamic environment. An ability to rapidly learn new coding languages and environments and ensuring a superior level of customer service is a must. The candidate will also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment. This entry-level software development position will be based in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
Proven / Demonstratable Skills:
- Working knowledge of C# (or VB.NET), ASP.NET, the .NET framework, and relational databases (SQL Server/Oracle)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong dedication to quality customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Proven drive towards continual improvement
- Superior teamwork skills
- Previous web site and application development experience (Internships, open-source contributions, and/or personal projects)
- React, Redux, Typescript, SQL Server, Transact-SQL, Oracle, PL-SQL, XML, XSL, AJAX, JQuery, MVC
- Prior experience developing enterprise software solutions
- Experience with modern multi-tier applications
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.