Licensed Professional Counselor- Baylor Rehab - Dallas, TX
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Licensed Professional Counselor / LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor for IPR (In-Patient Rehabilitation) setting to work primarily with SCI and BI (Brain Injury) population performing patient and family adjustment counseling after injury. Experience preferred but would consider a new graduate with passion for the population.
This Licensed Professional Counselor is a member of the Multidisciplinary Inpatient Rehabilitation health care team whose role is to empower the patient to utilize medical care in order to reach their optimal level of health and quality of life by providing emotional and psychosocial support and access to basic needs. Counseling will be the primary responsibility of this role.
Employees in this position will:
- Complete assessments and evaluations of patient’s status and goals to identify cognitive,mental, emotional, strengths and limitations. Develops and contributes to plan of care goals and objectives, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Conduct individual counseling sessions with patients in accordance with treatment plan and provide patients with feedback, support or encouragement to address issues or barriers to hep patients improve functional independence.
- Provide therapeutic and educational interventions on an individual and group basis with patients and family/care giver members.
- Participation and contribution to patient staffing conferences and family conferences.
- Provide training as needed to patients and families according to the patient’s individual psychological and behavioral needs. Facilitates discussion and interaction and enables group members to understand and accept responsibility for recovery process and acquire necessary coping and behavior management skills.
- Assist in cognitive, functional treatment including community integration activities. Assists and Instructs patients in development of tasks to complete functional activities.
- Complete medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner and ensures accurate and timely charge entry using approved formats in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Completes medical record audits as necessary.
- Conduct follow up as needed on patients discharged from the program.
- Adhere to discipline specific State Practice Act and other regulatory agencies. Maintains professional licensure in good standing and completes all state mandated continuing education requirements. Performs in an ethical manner in accordance with discipline specific professional code of conduct.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Licensed Professional Counselor required.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Abilities to learn and teach psychological measures, observe confidentiality and standardization, and demonstrate accuracy, reliability and organizational skill.
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.