Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)-Saco Bay Kids-Portland, ME (per diem to full time pediatrics)
Saco Bay Kids in Portland, ME is seeking a (per diem- part time) speech language pathologist
Saco Bay Kids is expanding to Portland ME! We are doing great things in the community and seeking local per diem/ part time speech language pathologist (SLP) to join our team. This would begin as per diem and grow to part time and full time as the caseload develops. We offer speech, physical and occupational therapy services at this outpatient center (birth to 18). An ideal speech language pathologist would have previous experience ready to lead our 100% pediatric caseload. Our patients range in diagnoses, including ortho, neuro, oncology, early intervention and feeding with a focus on quality care through supportive team environment, company paid continuing education and reasonable caseload expectations.
Previous experience in pediatrics is preferred, but we are able to consider new graduate speech pathologists seeking clinical fellowship (CFY) with multiple SLP- CCCs on staff. Early intervention and feeding- swallowing experience is a plus, but not required. You MUST have an eagerness for learning new skills and techniques to be a fit for us.
This center has a positive reputation in the community seeking like-minded speech pathologists to join our dynamic and compassionate team.
We will start per diem- part time and grow into full time as the caseload develops. We are open 830am until 5pm weekdays and can discuss a schedule fitting you and our patients during interview.
For additional details on this or any of our outpatient opportunities nationwide contact our Regional Recruiter, Shanel!
Saco Bay and Select Physical Therapy
Sr. Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Saco Bay Kids is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- To provide quality patient care while maintaining positive level of interaction with facilities and clients.
- Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Meet American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) minimum standards for initiation Clinical Fellowship Year including but not limited to 36 credit hours in prescribed study.
- State licensure/registration where appropriate.ASHA certification required.
- 300 hours in prescribed clinical practicum experience required.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.