Chief Operating Officer - Inpatient Rehabilitation
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
A partnership between Cleveland Clinic and Select Medical, Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital offers three locations – Avon, Beachwood and Akron, Ohio. With a total of 180 beds, the three rehabilitation hospitals offer the latest technology and medical equipment, and high quality medical inpatient rehabilitation care. Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility and independence in daily living activities. This executive position serves our Beachwood, Ohio location.
Own Your Future
Why work with us? Because we offer more than just a job. On our team, you will:
· Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families during each patient’s rehabilitation journey.
· Collaborate with an amazing group of nurses, therapists, physicians and support staff to help patients regain independence.
· Be challenged to learn, problem solve and grow professionally.
· Be a valued member of the Select Medical family of brands, a nationwide leader in post-acute care.
Through the active support and guidance of the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer provides leadership and management of the hospital, accomplishing established goals and objectives ensuring superior quality care, employee engagement and customer service while maximizing profitability.
Excellent opportunity to provide hands-on operations management with a focus on business development, physician relations, quality services and fiscal accountability.
- Participates as a member of Senior Management in supporting the operations of the hospital, assisting in planning both short and long term goals, establishing budgets and fiscal monitoring, and assuring delivery of services in accordance with Rehab Division standards as well as the standards of applicable federal and state regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring a collaborative management approach and coordination of interdisciplinary, intercampus state-of-the-art programs and cost effective operations to meet patient care needs within a best practice model.
- Regularly meets with staff at all levels to enhance communication as well as the quality of the work experience at the hospital.
- Assists in monitoring and developing internal processes and makes changes as needed to continuously enhance service delivery and improve cost effective operations
- Assists in monitoring financial reports and assesses variances taking action as needed to meet budgetary objectives.
- Assists in establishing performance goals, allocating resources and providing supervision for staff.
- Participates in internal teams and/or committees and external meetings as required to benefit the organization. Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep abreast of the latest trends in healthcare
Qualified candidates will have 5 to 7 years senior experience in hospital operations, contract negotiations, revenue enhancement and expense control. The ideal candidate will also have a strong commitment to authentic leadership, outstanding customer service and continuing program development in a dynamic and highly competitive healthcare market.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, business or related discipline required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the healthcare industry, with at least three years in an administrative and/or management position with proven outcomes required
- Clinical experience in a rehabilitation discipline (OT, PT, Speech Therapy or Nursing) preferred.
- The ability to assist in building a superior culture through attracting, developing and retaining hardworking employees.
Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.