Case Manager - (RN, SLP, OT, MSW) - Baylor Rehab -Neuro Transitional Care - Dallas, TX
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Neuro Transitional Center
Clinical Case Manager / RN,OT,SLP, MSW
Neuro Transitional Rehab
We currently have an opening for a Full Time Case Manager in Dallas, TX.
This is a unique opportunity to serve individuals with acquired brain injury and spinal cord injury in our 9-bed Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation facility located on the Baylor University Medical Center Campus. The case manager will function in a key role on this transdisciplinary rehabilitation team including physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, case management, and neuro rehab coaches. This role involves helping to coordinate patient care delivery, leading team and family conferences interfacing with external commercial health and workers compensation payers, serving as the primary point of communication with all parties. A neuro, medical and rehab background is an ideal fit for this position.
The perfect candidate will possess great communication and relationship skills, knowledgeable and creative and passionate about making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives.
Since opening almost two years ago, the Neuro Transitional Center has achieved excellent outcomes for our patients. On average patients with acquired brain injury enter the program with moderate to severe limitations and discharge with mild to no limitations according to the Mayo Portland Adaptability Inventory 4. You will want to join this great team where families and patients have this to say about us: “The team is so Awesome and worked together well to help me excel and grow. The knowledge of the staff is super and they were all such a blessing to my family. They encouraged me and helped me succeed with my goals that I was a part of setting. Thank you so much for what you do.”
Employees in this position will:
- Function as the liaison and primary contact of communication with all parties involved with the patient as it relates to the development and implementation of a safe and appropriate discharge plan and the achievement of optimum patient outcome. Assures responsiveness in communication of all relevant information regarding quality of care, patient outcomes and quality reimbursement is passed on within specified time-frames. This includes communication to internal and external stakeholders such as physicians, team members, family, employers, insurance companies, external case managers, etc.
- Participate as part of the transdisciplinary team ensuring all program outcome areas and program components are addressed in the comprehensive development of initial plans of care, progress reports or updates and discharge summaries. As part of the transdisciplinary team, provides input regarding clinical interventions that may become critical to the development and implementation of the discharge plan and optimum patient outcome. This includes leading patient staffing’s, family conferences and involves collaboration with the team across all shifts and service locations, regarding goal development and modification of goals in order to deliver optimum patient outcomes. This may include contributing ideas and knowledge to develop new functional patient activities or altering existing activities to ensure treatment is consistent with ongoing research, progress and patient needs. Throughout these interactions the focus is on internal customer service and facilitating positive communication among team members in order to assure clinical outcomes that are appropriate, cost-effective and beneficial to the patient.
- Assures responsiveness to payer systems by maintaining ongoing communication and serving as the primary contact for all external payer sources, in turn generating revenue, enhancing reimbursement, minimizing financial risk and assuring payment for the hospital. Maintains a thorough understanding of insurance coverage and benefits, providing interpretation to patients/families of their insurance and providing patient advocacy as needed.
- Identifies and fulfills the requirements and needs of payer and referral sources, overseeing negotiations of continue stay rationale, length of stays, and appeals process Initiates activities to develop positive business relationships with payers and referral sources in order to promote repeat business and represent the hospital as a quality institution.
- Responsible for attending education/in-servicing on current trends in case management, policies and procedures of the organization, and changes in governmental, regulatory, and accrediting agencies to ensure compliance with standards of practice.
- Carries a patient caseload.
- Assures personal compliance with departmental documentation and timeliness of the same, e.: initial assessments, advanced directive, team conference reports. Conducts chart audits on a regular basis to maintain compliance, as requested by manager.
- Develops and maintains updated departmental community resource materials and patient education materials. Responsible for keeping abreast of current information regarding entitlement programs patients may need to utilize
- Identification of inter-department and intra-department performance improvement projects, and carrying out of the same
- Coordinates with other departments to assure positive fiscal management outcomes for the patient
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective interdisciplinary working relationships with other clinical treatment team members in order to assure clinical outcomes that are appropriate, cost-effective, and beneficial to the patient.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Master’s Degree in Social Work OR RN or LVN Nursing Degree, OTR or SLP required.
- Current valid state licensure in related clinical discipline required.
- Case Management Certification preferred.
- Three years of previous case management experience in a neuo rehab setting preferred.
- Certified BLS completion required;
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.