Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Inpatient Auditor is responsible for timely and accurate audits of patient accounts.
- Perform payer audits to ensure appropriate reimbursement has been received and recorded, as well as all terms of contract are being followed.
- Work accounts that have credit balances by posting appropriate discounts and process the refund as appropriate.
- Resolve outstanding accounts assigned that may include high dollar accounts, specific payers, accounts for closed centers, aged accounts, or any project focusing on targeted accounts receivable.
- Analyzes Accounts Receivable to identify root causes of billing problems and communicates to Business Office Manager on issues relating to the collection process.
- Collaborates and communicates with Manager to improve efficiency and productivity of collection efforts.
- Monitor billing/collections information for compliance with company standards of practice and all applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Reports regularly to Business Office Manager on the status of CBO audit functions.
- Supports the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporate both within the CBO and throughout the corporation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with some college preferable.
- Minimum of 1 year of account collection experience
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- PC skills
- Including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Email, Excel, Word), Adobe
- Requires project management skills.
- Ability to work independent with minimal daily direction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.