Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Food Service Supervisor
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
The Food Service Supervisor provides daily production of food products in an appropriate environment by maintaining the work space in an orderly and sanitary manner.
- Providing direct, continuous supervision of Food Service personnel.
- Providing orientation and on-the-job training for new employees.
- Ensuring food service equipment is kept in good repair.
- Maintaining high standards of food preparation and service, food storage and inventory control and ensuring that foods are prepared preserving color, flavor, nutritive value and attractive service.
- Inspecting prepared food to ensure adherence to specifications, observing appearance, quality and temperature.
- Ensuring implementation of policies and procedures. Is adept at the development and implementation of food preparation standards, sanitation procedures and personal hygiene requirements consistent with institutional rules, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Demonstrates an ability to keep up with work accurately and efficiently while showing good judgment in the ability to organize work. Shows ability to recognize and deal with priorities in proper order.
- Demonstrates the ability to observe all safety precautions; ensures that dietary personnel follow safety rules.
- Demonstrates a cost-conscious attitude in daily operation of the food services department.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a state or local approved food safety/sanitation course required.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, service, operations, staffing, food handling and storage and regulatory requirements required.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One or more years experience supervising food service personnel preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
- Proficiency in computer skills preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.