Weekend (RN) Nurse Supervisor - Nights
UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A collaboration with Select Medical*
(RN) Nurse Supervisor
The UF Health Rehab Hospital, a collaboration with Select Medical, is a 60-bed acute rehab hospital in Gainesville, Florida for patients who have suffered strokes, traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries, amputations, burns or major joint replacements.
The UF Health Rehab Hospital brings together a multi-disciplinary team of physicians specially trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation, therapists, nurses and other healthcare professionals, all dedicated to helping people improve the quality of their lives while dealing with major traumas, injuries or diseases.
Benefits of becoming a Nurse Supervisor with us:
- Working with a collaborative leadership team
- Flexible scheduling
- Manageable case load
- A high success rate of patients going home from our hospital
- Great nurse to patient ratios
- New competitive rates and shift differentials
- Full benefits package (Medical,Vision, Dental, 401k, PTO and Tuition Assistance)
- Team-oriented culture
Directs assigned nursing personnel, serving as a resource person and consultant. Provides and oversees nursing care, implementing hospital and departmental philosophy and objectives. Maintains approved standards of patient care, collaborating with appropriate persons for continuity of care under the guidance of the Director of Nursing.
- Assures application of the nursing process from admission through discharge for patients.
- Monitors the quality of nursing care delivered by reviewing documentation, meeting with patients and/or families, and investigating all practice concerns.
- Assures that all staff are accountable for documenting care provided, patient family teaching, and discharge planning on patient to whom they are assigned.
- Plans staffing patterns and assignments for the nursing shift considering patient needs via patient classification and staff availability.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing to ensure continuity of care over twenty-four hours.
- Assists in the budgetary process and in monitoring charges and supply usage of the units.
- Conducts ongoing formal and informal clinical teaching of nursing staff members. Cooperates in interviewing prospective staff and in assisting as necessary with orientation.
- Evaluates performance of professional and non-licenses personnel. Makes recommendations for promotion and termination and resolves disciplinary problems when necessary, documenting personnel counseling sessions in a timely manner.
- Acts as a leader and contributes to the smooth functioning of the units by de-escalating crisis situations and by providing calm direction and reassurance to staff, other departments and families as needed. Reports any non-resolvable problems to the Director of Nursing.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalent required; Masters in Nursing preferred.
- Current and valid state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Three or more years of experience as a Registered Nurse; one or more years experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity is preferred.
- CRRN required if eligible.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.