Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
The Business Analyst 1 is responsible for delivering quality customer service. The Business Analyst is viewed as a subject matter expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines. The areas of responsibilities include completion of assigned tasks to integrate acquisitions, implement application software, and maintain existing applications.
In addition, the role will hold the following responsibilities:
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for system processes and procedures
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques
- Identify and lead analysis to overcome potential areas where design, policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Document and submit recommendations as appropriate
- Coordinate and complete testing of upgrades and fixes within defined deadlines with application teams and business stakeholders
- Coordinate and communicate with other IS resources who are assigned to support application issues and project tasks
- Work with vendors on application issues and act a liaison between users and vendors to develop requests for additional application enhancements, reports and/or features
- Develop, manage and collaborate on standard practices and processes
- Leverage technology to help reduce manual tasks and continually improve on the company’s requirements process
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with all relevant business stakeholders
- Become a mentor to other business specialists and analysts
- Manages, reviews and prioritizes project work plans in coordination with Project Manager/Scrum Master to assure alignment on schedule, resources and deliverables
- Collaborates with Project Manager to resolve issues and escalates unresolved issues as needed
- Ensure that all issues are logged, accurate and up to date with detailed information, record problem symptoms and status information in a timely fashion
- As needed, meet with other IS departments to maintain proper communication channels related to support
- Coordinate implementation of changes that have impact to support to ensure changes and impacts are communicated to staff and the user community
- Assume responsibility for assuring the knowledge base is maintained with current and accurate information
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- 4 or more years IS experience
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS
- 2 or more years project experience.
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Demonstrated active listening skills and history handling human interactions and experiences.
- Willingness to periodically travel
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.