Occupational Therapist / Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) Sun City, AZ
Are you passionate about your profession and motivated to become the best?
Select Physical Therapy is looking for passionate and motivated Occupational Therapist - CHT to join our team. We have an immediate full time position needed for our amazing Boswell/Sun City, AZ clinic!
You will be collaborating with a prominent hand surgeon from a local orthopedic medical group, while working alongside very talented CHT’s within our company. The individual must be skilled in custom splinting. Experience treating post-operative cases is required.
A CHT is preferred, however, not required. It is expected for the individual to have a solid hand therapy background/experience as you may be the only hand therapist seeing patients at times. You will be working and collaborating with a seasoned CHT, however, you will be expected to be able to work independently. An active occupational therapist license is required.
Select Medical is the leading employer for hand therapy throughout the country with over 300 CHT’s and 250 therapists becoming CHT’s in 32 states. Best practices and evidence-based programs are utilized for individualized patient care. This outpatient center’s staff is comprised of (PTs, OT’s/CHT’s and ATC’s) You will work closely with a group of CHTs, working together in the region for support, education and schedule coverage. (Mentoring opportunities are available). You will have access to Select Medical’s National Education Department with access to a National Journal Club, National CHT study groups, webinar training programs, and free Select sponsored continuing education courses. This is a great learning opportunity to advance your skill and knowledge through multidisciplinary collaborations.
Our centers are fully equipped to provide care to patients ranging from post surgical, non-operative to work conditioning. You will have the opportunity to work closely with excellent hand surgeons. If you are looking for a stable company with an ACTIVE, GROWING and THRIVING national Hand Therapy program, let's talk!
CHTs or exam-ready in 6-12 months, and working in hand therapy
Compensation. Salary based on experience.
Select Physical Therapy is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1600 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational Therapy.
- Certification in Hand Therapy (CHT)
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.