Technical Project Manager / Scrum Master - Corporate Applications
***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
The Technical Project Manager provides the strategic management of leading a project of prioritized enhancement and maintenance initiatives from its inception to execution. The Technical Project Manager provides daily planning, direction, strategy, execution and management of resources and scope to meet corporate goals through clear communication, effective planning and sound staff management. The Technical Project Manager will work with IS Vice Presidents and Directors to define, scope and manage to implement project initiatives in alignment with Select Medical methodologies. This position will be focused on Select Medical’s Enterprise Applications initiatives.
- Lead Scrum teams of business analysts, developers, deployment specialists and testers to plan deliverables for each development sprint.
- Work with Business Analysts to update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog items. Support Deliverables to include Release Burn Down Charts, Sprint Burn Down Charts and Defect/Bug Log.
- Drive continuous improvement and track action items from sprint retrospectives.
- Provide and facilitate technical leadership as needed in completion of integration activities.
- Responsible for enacting, teaching, and promoting Scrum values and practices.
- Ensures Scrum practices and rhythm are maintained.
- Removes impediments for team members.
- Coaches the team to their best possible performance with a focus on continuous improvement. Should always be thinking of how to do things better, faster, cheaper while delivering quality software.
- Helps improve team productivity / velocity in any way possible.
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions.
- Shield the team from external interference.
- Leads daily Scrum meeting – 15-minute stand up meeting.
- Leads sprint planning session at the start of the sprint.
- Leads sprint retrospective discussion at the end of each sprint, captures comments and team action items as part of continuous improvement.
- Leads story pointing sessions to estimate stories in the product backlog using Planning Poker techniques to allow team input into the task estimates.
- Works with Business Analyst and product owner to groom the product backlog so user stories contain correct details and are ready for story pointing (estimating).
- Leads sprint review to demo working software to the product owner.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) that increased the quality of the software developed.
- Experience with Automated Testing tool(s) that has increased the team’s velocity in delivering quality software.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Participate in the mentoring of junior Project Management staff, intra-organizational knowledge sharing, frequent performance feedback and general job coaching when appropriate.
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- Prior experience as technical lead or Technical Project Manager – 5 years
- Demonstrated experience managing waterfall projects – 5 years
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban) – 5 years
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or similar equivalent.
- Very strong facilitation and planning skills – 5 years
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills – 5 years
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems in the area of Database design, data warehouse, development – 5 years
- Demonstrated project and organizational leadership including initiative identification, ownership and implementation responsibilities.
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban software tools such as Jira or Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- PMP certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with a professional working environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills and history handling human experiences
- Willingness to periodically travel
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.