Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Clinical Nurse Educator
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
In this leadership role as a Clinical Nurse Educator, you will develop and implement formal and informal training and mentoring of 2 to 3 cohorts per year of newly graduated Registered Nurses. The Clinical Nurse Educator will also assist with general orientation and will play a major role in developing charge nurses. Working collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Education will steer progressive clinical excellence through ongoing mentorship and staff development.
Other responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Educator include:
- Teaching content within clinical expertise to facilitate orientation and ongoing clinical staff development
- Planning, preparing and maintaining materials for use in educational programs for accuracy and relevance to the target audience; identifies and evaluates instructional materials in all types of media and formats; adjusts content and teaching strategies appropriate to adult learner needs.
- Serving as nursing staff preceptor/mentor.
- Participating in identifying learning needs of nursing staff.
- Communicating effectively with staff and management regarding educational needs and offerings. Coordinating educational activities with the hospital’s Chief Nursing Officer.
- Assessing, planning and implementing programs for staff development to upgrade and maintain competency skills.
- Developing and sustaining relationships and presence within local colleges and universities offering nursing degrees to identify and recruit nurses into the Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Registered Nurse license in state of employment.
- Recent critical care, step down or telemetry experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of adult instructional methods and theories, learning concepts and evaluation.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start date.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to apply a professional nursing code of ethics and professional guidelines to clinical practice.
- Ability to design curricula and programs that reflect sound education principles, incorporate evidence-based practice, & has measurable outcomes.
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Three to five (3-5) years clinical experience with precepting and charge nurse experience preferred.
- Previous experience in Nurse Education preferred.
- CCRN preferred.
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Clinical Nurse Educator position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.