Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
The Support Specialist is responsible for delivering quality customer service by providing a single point of contact to report problems, make inquiries, and assist whenever possible in the resolution of problems reported to the IS Help Desk. This position is primarily responsible for assuring that all calls are answered in a timely manner and that problems are logged and assigned to an available Help Desk staff member for resolution. The Support Specialist I reports to the Help Desk Manager. The Support Specialist I is challenged with handling the interaction with users and their problems in a courteous, patient, informative and timely manner in order to ensure a superior level of customer service. It is important for the specialist to understand and engage the proper rules for problem resolution and escalation.
Shift: Monday - Friday 1pm - 10pm
- Ensure customer satisfaction by responding in a timely manner to all issues reported to the Help Desk. This support includes, but is not limited to, computer or peripheral hardware and software, network connectivity issues, as well as any systems in use.
- Ensure that all issues are logged promptly and accurately with detailed up-to-date information.
- Ensure timely escalation of customer problems by documenting the impact to the customer by assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target. Initiate escalation, as appropriate, to ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets.
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current.
- Recognize any problem, hardware or software that may have ramifications enterprise-wide; strategize and define remediation plan with the Help Desk Manager and execute accordingly.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities.
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data.
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace.
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques.
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation.
- Complete any activities, tasks, and projects assigned.
- Associates Degree or actively enrolled in an Associates Program
- Ability to work posted shift
- Superior customer service skills
- Computer Skills
- Understanding of operating systems such as Windows and OS X/iOS
- PC hardware and peripheral experience
- Good interpersonal skills including: face-to-face, verbal, electronic, and telephonic.
- Professional Skills:
- Accuracy and attention to Detail
- Personal sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing business priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of team to reach a mutually established goals.
- Flexible and open to change.
- Previous experience in metrics based role, where production/quality standards are upheld.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.