Occupational Therapist/Certified Hand Therapist-Fayetteville, NC
Select Physical Therapy is seeking a Part Time OT / CHT in Fayetteville, NC. This position would be for 12 to 20 hours per week. The CHT will treat various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprain / strains, post-operative fractures, etc. Hand Therapist must be skilled in custom splinting. The Certified Hand Therapist will be working in an energetic center with primarily orthopedic caseload. You will be treating referrals from hand and orthopedic surgeons.
By joining the Select Physical Therapy family you will be joining the largest group of hand therapists employed in a single organization. Our national hand therapy program is in 32 states with over 250 CHT’s, and additional 500 therapists nationwide.
Unique Job Opportunities:
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapist have the opportunity to become a mentor.
- Education dept: National UE symposium, National journal club, National CHT study group, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, additional certification course available for UE COMT
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Hand therapy clinics are fully equipped and provide many treatment options
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing,
Our Clinicians Enjoy:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, company paid certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more.
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- Affordable PPO Benefits with tobacco free discounts
- Lucrative Salary with BONUS
- Much more!
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational or Physical Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- MUST have previous,demonstrated marketing experience
- MUST have solid experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation
- Hand and splinting experience REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.