Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Pharmacist - Part-time
Every other weekend 8am – 2pm
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a fast-paced hospital environment? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As the Pharmacist, you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of pharmaceutical services provided by Select Specialty Hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations and IV admixture.
- Providing clinical support of the hospital pharmacy function in a fast paced environment.
- Maintaining adequate drug supplies at the pharmacy at all times.
- Correctly informing and instructing patients on any drugs to be used after they are discharged.
- Developing and participating in new employee training and education programs.
- Participating in patient drug therapy monitoring.
- Promoting an environment of continuous quality improvement.
You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements as mandated for state licensure.
- Current State licensure required.
- BLS if required by State.
- Must maintain a current license in the state of practice.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Pharm D or BS Pharm plus advanced degree or completion of hospital pharmacy residency is preferred.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.