Case Management Coordinator - Hospital - Full Time
California Rehab Institute
*A Joint Venture with Select Medical, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai*
Los Angeles, CA
Case Management Coordinator - Full Time
At California Rehab Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Case Management Coordinator to join our team.
- Supports the functions of the case management department by maintaining tools to enhance operations such as the discharge calendar and team conference schedules.
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments by managing daily workload and additional assignments as given. Performs routine clerical duties in an efficient and timely manner, e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing. Performs coverage for other departments in the hospital as requested and within the scope of job functions.
- Greets patients, families, vendors and other parties both in person and by telephone. Provides basic information regarding hospital services, department functions and general referral information.
- Communicates with appropriate hospital personnel and prepares needed information for team conferences, daily huddles, family training sessions, care partner meetings, and other related meetings as requested.
- Communicates and obtains authorization of services for precertification/recertification purposes as delegates by the case managers. Communicates insurance and benefit issues to the case managers.
- Ensures that adequate supplies and equipment are available in the department. Maintains and organizes department resources.
- Schedules follow-up appointments and coordinates the necessary transportation.
- Performs follow-up calls as applicable.
- Prepares and faxes the necessary information to discharge services, including sub-acute facilities, home health, outpatient, follow-up physicians, and DME, under the direction of the case manager.
- Utilizes appropriate computer systems for billing, case management documentation, census, reports, etc.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure positive fiscal management outcomes for patients.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in office skills, including typing and computer skills, and in the use of office equipment required.
- Minimum of one year of administrative/secretarial experience in a medical setting required. Previous experience within a case management department and/or rehabilitation setting preferred.
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) / Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 46,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.