Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
Select Medicals Outpatient team is seeking a Billing Account Representative. Our team ensures that claims are transmitted electronically or printed in a timely basis.
- Ensure documentation is sent with claims as required.
- Ensure all printed claims are mailed within appropriate time frame per departmental schedule matching same payor claims for bulk mailing.
- Process secondary claims, paper and electronic. Obtain and attach the primary Explanation of Benefits to the printed secondary claims on a weekly basis.
- Transmit electronic claims as available per departmental schedule.
- Review electronic errors and rejection reports and resolve as appropriate.
- Reconcile claims billed utilizing available tools
- Contact clinics as necessary for information required for billing, escalate as needed.
- Maintain and update notes on patients’ accounts as required
- Immediately notify management of payor issues or problems and maintain constant communication until resolved.
- Assist with rebills.
- Communicate delays or problems related to holds or requested information to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that all HIPAA requirements and standards are followed and executed consistently.
- Support the mission and direction of Select Medical Corporation both within the Central Business Office and throughout the corporation.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma of Equivalent
- 6+ months of customer service experience – Retail/Hospitality/Banking
- 6+ months of work experience
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work from multiple programs with dual monitors
- A detail oriented individual
- Able to work closely with others in a team setting
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet set deadlines
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.