Nursing Assistant - Rehab Assistant - Nights - Baylor Rehab - Fort Worth
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
NURSING ASSISTANT/REHAB ASSISTANT/CNA/PCT
Nursing Assistant/Full Time
We currently have openings for a REHAB ASSISTANT/CNA/PCT (6:45p-7:15a)
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Nursing Assistant /Rehab Assistant (CNA/PCT) provides care under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of appropriate nursing care as well as carryover of rehabilitation techniques.
We're looking for an experienced Rehab Assistant. Experience in Inpatient rehab or med/surg/Telemetry/Acute Care is preferred.
Employees in this position will:
- Completes daily assignments and documents as directed by a nurse including:
- Assists patients with daily activities
- Provides patients with bed pans/urinals, cleans urinary devices; is competent in application of urinary Empties bedside drainage bags and keeps records of the patient's intake and output during the entire shift, reports information to the nurse
- Assists or prepares patient for examination or treatment
- Weighs patients
- Transports patient to and from therapy/radiology/appointments
- Makes bed daily. Maintains tidiness of the patient’s room as needed
- Obtains vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations), documents on patient record and reports changes to the nurse as directed.
- Answers all call lights promptly. Reports problems to a primary nurse/designee.
- Reinforces rehabilitation techniques as directed to maximize patient recovery including:
- Provides ADL assistance including feeding, bathing, showering
- Properly transfers patients from one surface to another including manual and mechanical lifts
- Positions patients appropriately in bed and in wheelchair
- Re-positions patients; cues patients to weight shift as appropriate.
- Dons and doffs splints/braces/and positioning devices appropriately and timely
- Participates in Therapeutic Dysphagia and Feeding Program as assigned. Assists with monitoring of diets, nutritional supplements as well as provides appropriate cues to patients for feeding or swallowing once directed by speech or occupational therapist. Provides water/juice and snacks as appropriate.
- Reports problems and progress to the primary nurse throughout the shift. Immediately reports accidents to the nurse. Refers questions and inquires to the nurse for follow-up. Communicates effectively with the rehabilitation team including nursing, therapy and physicians.
- Provides and receives shift to shift report to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Observes safety rules, standard precautions and fire regulations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, patient rights and privacy.
- Interacts with patients, families, peers and supervisors in a calm, positive, courteous and appropriate manner.
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers and discharges; safeguards patients' belongings and other items during these procedures. Assists nurse in taking pictures of new admissions for insertion into the medical record. Collects specimens from patients as assigned and transports specimens to the lab if required.
- Assists with cleaning of nursing areas, refrigerators, store rooms, etc. as needed to maintain safety and cleanliness of the unit.
- Attends in-service education programs and meetings as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Certified BLS completion required.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.