The Senior Director is responsible for leading the LTACH Managed Care Contracting team planning, analysis, negotiation, and implementation for new and renegotiated contracts. Lead the development and execution of payor strategies to ensure optimal contracting and operational performance. Serve as lead corporate liaison for Operations and Business Development leaders as well as key corporate functional support areas. Provide overall team focus on increasing net revenue through favorable contracts that exceed our costs to provide care as well as on capturing maximum referral volume from each executed contract and increasing out of network volume wherever feasible. Lead Contracting role for new and JV hospital integration, as well as consolidations/closures.
- Lead role to analyze, negotiate, and implement new and renegotiated contracts for entire hospital contract portfolio. Develop well thought out payor strategies to ensure optimal contracting and operational performance for hospitals.
- Lead Managed Care Contracting collaborator with LTACH Operations, key Shared Service functions, and Business Development to assure that the requirements of a contract are addressed, implemented, and maintained.
- Provide hospital, payor relations, admissions, and case management support.
- Acquisition and Joint Venture Due Diligence and Integration project leadership.
- Supervise Directors of Managed Care Contracting and Contract Coordinator. Set objectives, review performance, conduct staff professional development, and provide guidance in accordance with department objectives, policies, and procedures. Facilitate staff recruitment, retention, and onboarding/orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required/ Master’s degree or higher preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years demonstrated experience in a high visibility managed care setting, post-acute hospital setting, preferably working in provider contracting or provider relations arenas.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, expertise in Managed Care Contracting negotiations, language, modelling analytics, reimbursement methodologies for acute/post-acute care hospitals, physicians, and ancillary providers.
- Able to handle multiple projects and perform independently under tight deadlines with a focus on effective implementation, clear and consistent communication and follow-up.
- Demonstrated skills in attention to detail, superior project management, implementation, and analytical ability as well as the ability to coordinate and lead activities using a collaborative and team approach.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.