Human Resources (HR) Assistant - Full Time - Healthcare/Hospital
California Rehabilitation Institute
A joint venture with Select Medical, UCLA Health and Cedars Sinai
2070 Century Park East, Century City, CA 90067
Human Resources Assistant
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team.
Overview of California Rehabilitation Institute
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Institute provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Under the supervision of the Manager / Director of Human Resources, coordinates the clerical and administrative function of the Human Resources Department to ensure efficient operation and timely response to employees and manager inquires.
Assists in clerical duties related to the Human Resources function including but not limited to:
- Typing, proofing, and editing letters, correspondence, memos, reports and other materials as requested.
- Filing, sorting, alphabetizing, photocopying, mail distribution, etc.
- Maintains accuracy of departmental records, policy and procedure manuals, employee personnel records and reference books.
- Maintains appropriate level of supplies and forms, etc.
- Creates offer letters, non-acceptance letters, and verifies employee references in relation to the new hire process.
- Enters PTO and Time Clock Adjustment Forms into the Kronos Web Manager database. Generates reports on an as needed basis and distributes appropriately. Assists in the processing of payroll and associated verification process.
- Assists employees with routine questions / matters to facilitate the HR function. Refers employees to the appropriate source as needed. Ensures responses and follow up is timely.
- Helps to maintain HR, Employee Health, Agency, and Contract staff files that are accurate and orderly.
- Assists HR Manager / Recruiter with sourcing candidates through the internet, job boards, mass mailings, letters to colleges, professional organizations, etc.
- High School Diploma required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software program applications required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate’s degree
- Two years work experience in Human Resources field
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of this position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- A network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.