Medical Assistant/Outpatient Medical Department
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Shift Hours, 9AM-5PM
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant for our Kessler Professional Services Outpatient Department located at our West Orange ,New Jersey campus. Schedule is Monday thru Friday .
Consistently named to the prestigious "America's Best Hospitals" list by U.S. News & World Report, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation has set the gold standard in rehabilitation and is ranked as one of the leading rehabilitation hospitals in the country.
At Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation,our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery.
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Trauma
A Medical Assistant provides a broad range of patient assistance including escorting patients to their outpatient room,obtain pertinent medical information and entering data into the electronic medical record,transferring patients as necessary and providing patient assistance as requested. May also assist in the maintenance of the patient rooms and scheduling.You will be responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming, and confidential environment for our patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information in patient’s electronic medical record
- Obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Prepare, assist, and accurately complete all forms
- Support patient care delivery
- Assist providers during examinations and treatment
- Take vital signs and perform all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
- Schedule clinic appointments, patient check in and/or out of clinic, and verify all clinical reminders due at the time of each visit.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited certificate program is required.
- Knowledge of computer systems to include the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated high quality customer service
- Experience in clinical operations ,medical office or physical rehabilitation setting preferred
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs including.
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Days
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.