Certified Hand Therapist- Occupational Therapist for Las Vegas, NV (Craig Outpatient Center)
Certified hand therapists (CHT) and occupational therapist- Las Vegas, NV!
Select Physical Therapy in Las Vegas, NV is seeking a full time occupational hand therapist for our outpatient orthopedic location on Craig Road. A certified hand therapist (CHT) is HIGHLY preferred, but we are willing to consider occupational therapists (OT) soon to sit for the exam. You MUST be comfortable as the lead hand therapist working with physical therapists also in the center. Our caseload includes patients with various upper extremity disorders ranging from tendon injuries, sprain / strains, post-operative fractures, etc. The Hand Therapist must be skilled in custom splinting. The Certified Hand Therapist - Occupational Therapist will be working in an energetic center treating referrals from hand and orthopedic surgeons. This is NOT ideal for a new graduate as it is an existing program with solid referral sources, guaranteed full time hours and starting within a month's time.
We have a network of hand therapists and certified hand therapists in Las Vegas and Henderson for support and welcome experienced hand therapists and certified hand therapists to join the national leader in hand therapy. We employ the largest group of hand therapists, by a single organization, with more than 250 CHTs and an additional 500 hand specialists nationally across our 37 state market.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about quality patient care and continuing to develop our hand programs in your community.
Unique Job Opportunities:
- Nationally supported mentorship program therapists interested in pursuing their CHT credentials (available in most regions). Experienced therapist have the opportunity to become a mentor.
- Education dept: National UE symposium, National journal club, National CHT study group, free local CEU’s, webinar training programs, additional certification course available for UE COMT
- Hand team meetings in each local area and virtual meetings and training available.
- Opportunities to observe in physician clinics and work in contracted positions in physician’s clinics
- Opportunity for research activities
- Opportunity to teach internal courses on a national and local level and contribute to other educational activities
- Opportunity to develop and participate in program development for special populations
- Hand therapy clinics are fully equipped and provide many treatment options
- Opportunity to deliver unique programs to industrial workers: on-site visits, on site therapy, work conditioning, FCE, ergonomic assessments and pre-employment testing,
Our Clinicians Enjoy:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses, company paid certifications, study groups, journal clubs and more.
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Generous Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- Affordable PPO Benefits with tobacco free discounts
- Lucrative Salary with BONUS
- Much more!
For additional details and information, contact our Regional Recruiter, Shanel!
Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare and Saco Bay Physical Therapy
Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with more than 1700 locations in 38 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Responsible for the evaluation, plan of care, treatment, re-evaluation, discharge, and appropriate communications of high quality hand therapy services to patients and customers.
- Develop treatment plans, supervise assistants and aides, contribute to case management, and provide quality patient care.
- Maintain positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhance and expand client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Stay current and up to date with Occupational Therapy research and employ Evidence Based Practice (RCB, clinician expertise, patient perception).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for Occupational or Physical Therapy.
- Must hold specialty certification or licensure in Hand Therapy.
- National registration and state licensure or registration REQUIRED.
- MUST have previous,demonstrated marketing experience
- MUST have solid experience in application of custom splinting pre and post-op orthopedic required.
- Minimum two years in adult rehabilitation
- Hand and splinting experience REQUIRED.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate writing of reports, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of dictation equipment.
- Possess grasp ability sufficient for cutting splint material.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.