Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (RT)
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
- Evaluating patient and recommending an appropriate treatment plan.
- Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions.
- Performing insertion and removal of endotracheal tubes.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- You are registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care and Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Being passionate about working in a critical care environment.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Obtaining Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.