Maintenance Mechanic - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
Saddle Brook, NJ
Shift Hours: Full-Time, Mon-Fri, 12pm-8pm
A Maintenance Mechanic performs general mechanical and preventive tasks. Inspects, services, repairs and overhauls physical plant equipment as directed. Duties are performed in relation with patient and employee safety. Enhances the patient/employee experience by maintaining and improving the environment.
- At the direction of the Director of Plant Operations, assists with maintenance, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on all equipment including, but not limited to, refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup electrical systems and hot water systems
- Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Assist with the installation and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors
- Install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical controls, switching and motor controls
- Troubleshoots and performs minor repairs to secondary electrical circuits, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, utility and refrigeration systems
- Monitor operation, repair, and maintain refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
- Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair, and safety procedures required
- Current and valid Driver's License required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Trade or Vocational School background preferred
- Current Black Seal License preferred (unless dictated as otherwise by state - six month option as a condition of employment)
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.