Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)-Physician Extender
We are looking for an Athletic Trainer/Physician Extender!
You will be involved in the Physician Extender Services program: to assist the physician in providing the highest quality of care to patients in an encouraging and friendly environment. This aids in improving patient care, increasing physician efficiency, enhancing patient satisfaction, and achieving results. The Physician Extender is responsible for maintaining and strengthening physician relationships and acting as a liaison between the physician and our clinics and sports medicine affiliates. Requirements include providing services in a physician extender model for the assigned physician(s).
Select Medical's Outpatient Division. We are a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
- Essential Functions:
• Ability to articulate descriptions of orthopedic conditions based upon a basic knowledge of anatomical structures and their relationship with one another
• Ability to escort patients to treatment rooms.
• Ability to accurately perform patient intake and triage, providing the highest level of patient care.
• Ability to organize and present all clinically relevant information including film studies, medical records, and pertinent test results and working diagnosis to the Physician.
• Ability to assist Physician during evaluation with tasks such as documentation and diagnostic test preparation.
• Ability to obtain patient history.
• Ability to dictate patient notes as a scribe.
• Ability to perform initial patient evaluations.
• Ability to assist physician in any aspect of patient treatment as instructed by physician.
• Ability to provide specific rehabilitation suggestions while the patient is evaluated by the physician.
• Ability to assist Physician with preparation of prescriptions and patient materials after the evaluation.
• Assist with clinic flow, paperwork, and chart management using the in-house computer system.
• Ability to educate patient on injury and plan of care.
• Assess patient progress and consults, as needed/required with physical therapist and other treatment team members to maintain, modify or change the therapy treatment to accomplish established goals.
• May dictate/EHR for orthopedic surgeons in SOAP note format
• Work collaboratively with other departments to align with the company’s vision and goals
• Assist the other departments with various projects on an as needed basis
• Any other tasks or projects as assigned by supervision
• May be required to rotate to other Select/ Ortho locations as assigned
- BS Degree REQUIRED
- Minimum one year clinical experience
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Applicable state license where required
- Previous Physician Extender Experience
• Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
• Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
• Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
• Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
• Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
• Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing athletes, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
• Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.