SSM Health Rehabilitation Network
Director of Pharmacy
As the leading provider of comprehensive rehabilitation services in the St. Louis area, SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital delivers the specialized care and advanced treatment that enables individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, amputation, joint replacement and other orthopedic trauma, and general medical rehabilitation needs, to rebuild their lives.
If you are a Pharmacy leader who is compassionate, loves working on a highly skilled team, and looking for professional growth opportunities, this is the position for you!
The Director of Pharmacy ensures the provision of pharmaceutical services (including clinical pharmacy services) throughout the hospital. Maintains liaisons with outside groups or agencies as needed. Assumes all of the duties and responsibilities of “Pharmacist-in-charge".
- Selects qualified candidates who fit the culture and have the most potential to contribute to accomplishment of established objectives.
- Ensures that direct reports have received upon hire and continue to receive throughout employment the training, information and support to accomplish departmental objectives and meet job requirements.
- Provides regular and accurate performance feedback to direct reports with focus on results, skill expansion, process improvement and learning.
- Ensures success of department operations through building employee engagement, effective talent assessment, continual learning and development, cross-training and succession planning.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth through continued learning, self-study and involvement in professional activities and organizations.
- Initiates, schedules, directs and controls the daily operation of the Pharmacy Department through supervision of department supervisors and staff. Works with supervisors to review and evaluate operating procedures, policies, methods and techniques and implement change to increase quality of service, productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Performs all of the duties of a Staff Pharmacist
- Assures that pharmacy services are provided to patients by developing and implementing the objectives of the department. Working within established standards (i.e., Joint Commission, DOH, Board of Pharmacy and others), determines the department's function, organization/employee complement
- Makes budget recommendations for capital equipment needs and operational expenses along with a projection of departmental revenues.
- Serves on committees as outlined in the Hospital's Administrative Policies and Procedures. Participates in staff, supervisory and special meetings or projects of committee as required.
- Communicates hospital policies and procedures concerning pharmacy services to hospital employees.
- Maintains system of identifying signatures for all authorized prescribers, including a system of records for the requisitioning and dispensing of pharmaceutical supplies.
• Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required.
• Five years of hospital Pharmacy experience required with a minimum of three years experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity required.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate a pharmacy within a healthcare organization required.
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.