Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Interim Director of Business Development
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Are you resourceful in overcoming obstacles? Are you a results-oriented team player? If you answered 'yes', consider this opportunity!
As Interim Director of Business Development, you will travel to Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals that do not have a permanent DBD in place. You will assume the DBD role in developing and nurturing professional relationships with payers, discharge planners, physicians and other clinicians in acute care hospitals. You will educate team members, referring hospital staff, patients and patient families regarding services provided by Select Specialty Hospital. In addition, you will be providing oversight into the pre-admissions function and developing and mentoring a team of highly motivated clinical liaisons. You will also assist in the recruitment and interview process for DBD and Clinical Liaison candidates in the market to which you are temporarily assigned.
Specific responsibilities of the Interim Director of Business Development include:
- Travel to hospitals that do not have a permanent Director of Business Development
- Direct and implement census development strategies for assigned hospital(s).
- Establish results-producing relationships with the referral community including physicians, discharge planners and payers.
- Educate team members and referral sources about Select Specialty services as related to industry changes, specific hospital clinical programs and capabilities, clinical outcomes and appropriate patient referrals/admissions.
- Provide oversight to the pre-admission function.
- Assist in the recruitment, interview and hiring of new Director of Business development and any other open business development roles in the assigned market
How you will be successful in this environment:
Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do and an employee who personifies the culture and values of Select Medical.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field (Masters preferred)
- Five to Seven years of progressive experience in healthcare sales and marketing required, specifically in inpatient rehab or long term acute care
- Team Management experience
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and regulatory standards
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success in relationship development and training/mentoring of team members
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the marketing and nurse liaison teams to establish and achieve referral goals.
- Professional sales skills required.
- Willingness to travel 75%
Your benefits as the Interim Director of Business Development:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.