Physical Therapist Assistant- Fort Washington, MD (licensed experienced PTA for per diem)
Experience the power of physical therapy with NovaCare!
Our outpatient physical therapy center in Fort Washington, MD is now hiring an experienced, compassionate and driven licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to provide exceptional patient care experiences. We are in need of local experienced physical therapist assistants for as needed (per diem/ PRN) coverage. Additional coverage may be requested at our sister facility in Waldorf. This is an outpatient orthopedic center treating a mixed population of teens through geriatrics. We are unable to consider new graduate physical therapist assistants at this time. There are no guarantee with hours. Seeking dependable and flexible PTAs open for as needed coverage for vacations, caseload influx, extended leave and emergencies.
We do not offer medical benefits if you are working less than 32 hours, but we CAN discuss your participation in our CEU courses once you are on board. Additional benefits will include 401(k) with match after performing 1,000 hours (roughly 20/week) in a calendar year.
For additional details, contact our Regional Recruiter- Shanel!
Regional Recruiter Outpatient Division
NovaCare Rehabilitation, Select Physical Therapy and Saco Bay PT
NocaCare Rehabilitation is a part of Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kessler Rehabilitation Center and KORT. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- In states where permitted: document in charts using accepted medical terminology and format.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.