Physical Therapist Assistant- Montgomery County, MD (licensed and experienced per diem PTA)
Experience the power of physical therapy in Montgomery County, MD!
NovaCare Rehabilitation in MONTGOMERY COUNTY MARYLAND is seeking licensed and experienced local per diem, PRN and part time Physical Therapists Assistants (PTA) for our outpatient centers in Montgomery County. An ideal physical therapist assistant has previous outpatient orthopedic experience and is able to be flexible with hours as needed for coverage and emergencies. We have additional physical therapists on staff at our locations. This is not appropriate for new graduates.
We are unable to consider new graduates at this time.
We have multiple locations in Montgomery County including Silver Spring, Olney, Rockville, Germantown, Gaithersburg and Bethesda treating a mix of teens through geriatrics offering general ortho OP, sports and industrial rehabilitative services. An ideal physical therapist assistant is dependable yet flexible and able to cover our OP center as needed. We need both early morning and evening availability. Dynamic physical therapist assistants focused on quality care please apply!
We do not offer medical benefits for our employees working less than 32 hours, but we CAN discuss your participation in our CEU accrediting courses once you are on board.
To apply, upload your resume and complete our HR application and online talent assessment (TOA) today!
Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation and Saco Bay Physical Therapy
Novacare is part of the Select Medical Outpatient Division, a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation. Throughout the country, the Select Medical family of brands includes Banner Physical Therapy, Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Kentucky Orthopedic Rehab Team (KORT), Saco Bay Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy, Champion Sports Medicine, Rehab Associates, NovaCare and Select Kids Pediatric Therapy, Emory Rehabilitation Outpatient Center, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, SSM Health Physical Therapy and Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapy. Together, these brands comprise a national network of almost 1800 centers in 37 states and the District of Columbia. The centers offer a wide range of general physical therapy services such as hand therapy, sports medicine and work injury prevention and management. Throughout the country, we also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools and serve as the exclusive physical rehabilitation provider to several major U.S. corporations. #ACN
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Possesses training and education which allows him/her to assist the Physical Therapist in carrying out prescribed treatment program.
- Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of physical therapy and with Select Medical policies and procedures.
- Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care.
- Maintains positive level of interaction with facilities and clients. Enhances and expands client relations with facilities and their staff.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people, and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility and in the community.
- Fine motor skills adequate for scheduling and preparing patients, equipment, and supplies for treatment.
- Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.
- A valid state license (where applicable), registration or certification as a Physical Therapist Assistant upon graduation from an approved curriculum for Physical Therapist Assistants, and having passed a national examination for Physical Therapist Assistants certified by the CAPTE.
- State license and/or certification must be valid in the state in which the individual will practice.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.