Registered Nurse (RN) - Day Shift - Full Time - Sign-on Bonus
California Rehabilitation Institute
**A Joint Venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA and Select Medical**
Los Angeles, CA
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) | Day Shift - Full Time | 7:00am -7:30pm
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
A Registered Professional Nurse provides direct patient care and functions as part of the Nursing Team. Uses the nursing process for systematically assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care to maximize restoration and maintenance of the patient’s physical, psychological, spiritual health and goals. Serves as an educator of patients, families and coworkers.
- Performs a nursing assessment on patients. The data collected forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Identifies teaching needs and goals related to the diagnosis of each patient from the nursing admission assessment and by collaborating with patient/family and the Interdisciplinary team.
- Provides patient information and status in a timely manner for the Initial Team Conference and for Re-evaluation Team Conferences on a weekly basis. Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient’s response in the medical record in accordance with policy.
- Participates in the patient rehabilitation program on an assigned unit. Is responsible and accountable for direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care with a priority on the education of the patient/family/significant other based on the health care needs identified. Uses a positive and encouraging approach to achieve patient goals and quality outcomes.
- Initiates discharge planning on all patients from the day of admission. Initiates patient teaching in anticipation of the discharge date.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding changes in patient’s status from one care provider to another, to support continuity of care and patient safety. This includes the attending physician and the Charge Nurse. Seeks consultation from more senior nursing staff in support of complex clinical decision-making.
- Provides direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively. Delegates appropriately.
- Provides for and assures personal and environmental safety in accordance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments, patients and families. Participates in team building activities on the unit to create a positive and efficient work environment.
- Maintains communication with manager and senior nursing staff related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment (including repairs) and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties. Provides care in a cost effective manner while promoting quality patient outcomes, monitors supplies and charges.
- Assumes charge responsibility following orientation period as requested.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education and self study.
- Prioritizes activities and plans for effective use of time and staff in meeting patient needs.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Certified BLS required
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred
- Clinical experience preferred
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the Full Time Registered Nurse (RN) position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.