Building Engineer / Maintenance Mechanic - Hospital - Full Time
California Rehab Institute
*A joint venture with Select Medical, UCLA Health and Cedars-Sinai*
Maintenance Mechanic or Building Engineer
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team.
On a daily basis, candidates will be working with HVAC systems at the facility. Qualified candidates will have experience working with hospital ventilation systems along with an overall technical aptitude. They will need to have some knowledge of plumbing and electrical issues and fixes.
Shifts: Day shift 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Evening shift 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
A Maintenance Mechanic performs general mechanical and preventive tasks. Inspects, services, repairs and overhauls physical plant equipment as directed. Duties are performed in relation with patient and employee safety. Enhances the patient/employee experience by maintaining and improving the environment.
On a Daily Basis:
- Carries out routine and specific assignments to ensure that the physical plant and assigned equipment are in safe operating condition and in compliance with applicable Company policies and with regulatory and/or accrediting codes and specifications.
- Works with online work order system
- Tests emergency generators and equipment as directed.
- Daily inspects and completes repairs to all hospital systems or equipment.
- Performs painting and carpentry work as assigned.
- Repairs and maintains HVAC equipment.
- Performs electrical work under the supervision of the Director.
- Participates in a twenty-four hour/seven day a week mechanic on-call schedule.
- Possibility for weekend work to support the hospital after hours
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Trade or vocational school background
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair and safety procedures required
- Current and valid state Driver’s License required
- Current Black Seal license
*** Select Medical provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. ***
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.