***Employer will not sponsor work visas for this position now or in the future and is not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the largest operators of critical illness recovery hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation centers and occupational health centers in the United States, with more than 50,000 colleagues caring for nearly 80,000 patients every day across our care continuum.
Select Medical and its parent company, Select Medical Holdings Corporation (NYSE: SEM), are based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania and honored to be recognized as one of America’s Best-In-State (Pennsylvania) Employers 2020 by Forbes.
For more information, visit selectmedical.com or youtube.com/SelectMedicalTV.
The Software Development Analyst I will review, analyze, develop, and modify enterprise application systems and web sites. The responsibilities will include coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems, working directly with the business users. The Software Development Analyst I will be challenged with developing custom software solutions or web sites that meet the needs of Select Medical's dynamic environment. An ability to rapidly learn new coding languages and environments and ensuring a superior level of customer service is a must. The ideal candidate will also need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving environment and learning the healthcare business. The position will be based in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- 2+ years software development experience
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- In Lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of College equals one year of work experience and vice versa
Proven / Demonstratable Skills:
- Experience designing and building scalable enterprise software solutions
- Technical understand of C# (or VB.NET) and ASP.NET web technologies
- Relational Database Design and Development (SQL Server or equivalent)
- Experience configuring and maintaining application hosting environments
- Strong interpersonal and great communication skills a must
- Ability to develop web sites that work on multiple versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and support mobile devices
- Strong dedication to quality customer service
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Interest in learning the healthcare business
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Must possess a personal sense of urgency
- Proven drive towards continual improvement
- Superior teamwork skills
- React, Redux, Typescript, Transact-SQL, PL-SQL, XML, XSL, Telerik Controls, ASP, XML, XSL, HTML5, CSS3, IIS
- Experience with source control systems, preferably GIT
- Experience in using SQL Server Integration Services or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Prior Healthcare industry experience
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough paid orientation program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- No Required Weekends
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.