Respiratory Therapist (RT) - Per Diem - Day Shift
California Rehabilitation Institute
2070 Century Park East, Los Angeles, CA 90067
*A joint venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical*
Respiratory Therapist (RT) - Per Diem Day Shift
At California Rehabilitation Institute our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join our team.
Overview of California Rehabilitation Hospitals
Respiratory Therapist provides quality patient care as a member of the Respiratory Team, providing intensive respiratory care and patient transport into and out of the facility as medically prescribed, within the scope of professional license and with minimal supervision.
California Rehabilitation Intitute provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Performs basic/ advanced therapeutic procedures as outlined by the State Department of Health and under the scope of respiratory care services. Transcribes and implements physician orders in a competent and timely manner. Uses basic/advanced oxygen assessment skills and patient information to maintain awareness and coordinate patient care needs.
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic tracheostomy care including but not limited to routine and emergent tracheostomy tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH / electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Must possess "active" credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivelant; RRT Preferred
- BLS certification required
- Current state licensure required
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- ACLS required upon hire
At our rehabilitation hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.