This is not your average front desk, receptionist position – it’s so much more! Working as a Customer Service Specialist at Select Medical can be a highly fulfilling job that allows you to not only have a positive impact on the patient’s experience, but also your coworkers’ experience, and the results we achieve as a company. You will be making an impact on patient care experience, which directly leads to your own personal and professional growth!
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with almost 1800 locations in 37 states, plus the District of Columbia. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payers and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools.
General Requirements: The ideal Select Medical employee is…
- Adaptable and Flexible: willing to adapt or adjust to accommodate your colleagues and patients
- Patient-centric mindset: the patient always comes first and you will make the first and last impression on them
- Exceptional communication skills: communicate proactively and with empathy
- Detail-oriented: people count on you to ensure all the details are done correctly the first time around
- Team Player: you will be an integral part of a clinical team
- Ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to patients, fellow employee’s and referral sources through the coordination and administration of the facility’s front office activities by providing front desk administrative coverage in absence of the staff PSS. Help ensure billing practices are accurate, timely and fully documented. Support job training for “new hires” and reinforcement training for staff PSS. Position requires travel within the designated market.
- Provide explanation to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and payment requirement per visit.
- Assist RCMs with quality assurance program audits to ensure patient satisfaction and accuracy with center services.
- Ensure timely reporting of key center statistics to market management for sales, revenues, cash and patient flow.
- Maintain a system of controls to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including daily entry in all applicable scheduling and billing systems. Ensure timely completion of the reconciliation process including purchase of the weekly money order.
- Promote and encourage relationship building/positive communication between referral sources and their staff.
- Work with patients, doctors, payors, CBO, Select Medical internal departments, etc. to solve problems.
- Travel to each Center as needed, at minimum quarterly.
- Work with RCM to schedule coverage at centers requiring assistance.
- Assist the RCM with training of new Patient Service Specialist staff.
- Support on-going training of existing staff.
- Ensure timely reporting functions at centers requiring reinforcement.
- Report center deficiencies to RCM.
- Assist RCM with new hire orientations.
- Assist RCM in any tasks assigned.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of all applicable scheduling and billing systems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to train, motivate and assist with interviewing Patient Service Specialist staff members.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability and understanding of all necessary office equipment including Microsoft system hardware.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word and Excel office technologies.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two to four years of Medical/Administrative Office experience required.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, and reach consistently throughout a work day/shift.
- Appropriate manual dexterity to enable typing (including10-key) throughout a work day/shift.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs, safely, from ground to waist using proper body mechanics.
- Ability to carry office supplies up to 10lbs.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to maintain accurate records, recognize people and understand written direction.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
As a Select Medical employee, we need you to:
- Be Patient-Centered: focus on the needs of patients to help improve their lives
- Build Trust: speak up, make good decisions, and trust others to do the same
- Own the Future: own your success and take action to build a successful career
- Think First: understand that good data is key to achieving superior results
- Celebrate Success: recognize and reward others for the value they create
- Create Change: innovate in how you perform your role
To apply, complete our FULL HR application at www.careers.selectmedical.com
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.