Food Service Aide - Inpatient Rehab
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Food Service Aide
Shift Hours: 6:30am - 2:30pm OR 11am - 7pm (Per Diem)
(This includes weekday & weekend shifts)
Must be available to work a minimum of 4 days (two of which must be weekend) per month
Benefits of becoming a Food Service Aide with us:
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining healthcare experience
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
- Work perks
Performs various duties relating to food service, including food preparation and cleaning. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares, assembles and delivers patient meals and snacks according to prescribed diets.
- Services patients in dining room or patient room the correct diet in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Prepares cold food items, including salads, sandwiches, platters, desserts, nourishments, snacks and special items as necessary. May assist in hot production.
- Performs assignments in cafeteria, including: serving, grilling, stocking, cleaning and handling cash.
- High School dipoloma or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous healthcare food service experience preferred
Select Medical is an organization that is passionate about safety for our patients and our team members. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Division conducts post-offer employment testing (POET) for a number of job titles including, but not limited to:
- Rehabilitation Assistant/Nursing Assistant
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Environmental Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
POETS are completed as part of the onboarding process- to be completed before an employee’s first day of work.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.